Wednesday 20 July 2011

Something's definitely 'lit a fire under me'

As you know (especially if you follow me on Twitter) I have been on a bit of a mission lately. Everything that has happened in my life the past few months has definitely gave me the kick up the arse I needed to get my head straight... finally. Between the inspiration from the Richard Parks' 737 Challenge and the intense need to actually live my dreams and do something to help others, I actually was able to see clearly into myself enough to remember what it is I love and want most in my life and since then, there's no stopping my dreams from popping up to say hello.

Ben Nevis was a real pleasure to complete because I knew the reason I was doing it was for something more important than my own need to do it. Don't get me wrong, it was a challenge because I made myself do it before preparing physically properly for it so that I would work harder for the donations and so I did. Now the ankle, as some of you know, suffered a little when a rock overturned when I stepped on it but it is getting there at last. I feel a little twinge every now and then if I descend step stairs but I am resting it when I can and also doing gentle exercises to help make it stronger.
Now I have a few things in the pipeline which I am excited about, not just the Winter Mountaineering Course but also a trek of the Haute route from chamonix - Zermatt  and The Beacons Way both of which I am currently in the process of investigating.

So I am finally able to be thankful for my OCD side as I have needed to write everything down and kind of make lists and plans to try and bring some order to everything I want to do. Now this would normally be quite an easy task but when everything is rushing out of your brain at 100 miles an hour, it's difficult to capture it all. So far, I have a part training plan down incorporating the bootcamp, walking, trekking and hill walking/climbing on a regular basis but I have remembered to make time for my free / fun time like Canyoning, which I have booked again for 13th August and also for my climbing course on the 7th August. Not forgetting my concert time like 30 Seconds to Mars in Belfast and Panic! at the Disco in Edinburgh both in August too. With all of that, August is set to be a pretty hectic month. Every other bit of spare time will be spent planning and getting out and about and that part, I love the most.

Overall, life has become a mish mash of ideas and hopes and dreams and everything has become exciting again. It's an amazing feeling to chase your dreams, everyone should do it. You never know what you can achieve until you try

S xx

No comments:

Post a Comment