Sunday 5 February 2012

Mountaineering, Day 1: Let the games begin

10 months of waiting has finally come to an end. My plans have finally officially been kick started and it is such a great feeling.

Drove up to the Ballachulish hotel this afternoon, passing through places like Kilmahog (Love that name) and Callander and as I noticed the hills becoming more and more snow covered, the excitement grew into a really girly scream. I had no way to prepare for that, it just happened and im sure if you had seen me, it would have been hilarious.

The course kicked off with a short introduction, meeting the instructors and each other before we got all of our kit ready and then after a lovely dinner, we then had a presentation so that we knew roughly what to expect in the coming week and; as the presentation was titled; 'how to cope' haha
There are actually 3 courses running at the one time this week, so there are a few folk in the hotel but on my specific course there are only 6 people so it's a lovely small number which should hopefully make it a lot more intense and focused.

Now, just lazing in my very comfy hotel room, I am hoping that I can beat my usual 'unsleepiness' and perhaps sleep soon so that I am well rested for the big day ahead. So on that note, buzzing with excitement, off I go to attempt that which manages to evade me on such a regular occasion.

Bring on the winter games!!!

S xx

No comments:

Post a Comment